Good sportsmanship is viewed as a commitment to fair play, ethical behavior and integrity. In perception and practice, sportsmanship is defined as those qualities which are characterized by generosity and genuine concern for others:
• Play fair, take loss or defeat without complaint, or victory without gloating.
• Treat others as you wish to be treated
• Respect others and one's self
• Impose self-control, be courteous, and gracefully accept results of one's actions
• Display ethical behavior by being good (character) and doing right (action)
• Be a good citizen.